Parashar College, an outstanding academic institution, was established in Damauli, a small and beautiful town, the then headquarter of Tanahun District, in Western Region, with an objective of fulfilling the requirement of qualitative higher education of the people of this area in 2057 BS. It was named after a renowned classical Scholar Maharshi Parasahara. As we all know, the students of Tanahun as well as other neighboring districts were deprived of obtaining quality education at affordable fee to build up a smart Career after SLC, who had either to go to Kathmandu or to Pokhara, the biggest cities of the nation. It was a culmination of a series of meetings between and among the social workers, vetran businessmen, distinguished educationists, and well-known intellectuals representing different parts the Tanahun District. Their dream transformed into reality when Parashar Higher Secondary School was established with +2 programme including science stream, perhaps first time in Tanahun District, under Higher secondary Education Board in 2057 BS and 3 year Bachelor programs in Management and Education Faculties under the affiliation of TU in 2062 BS respectively. The academic horizon of the college was gradually extended after it achieved affiliation to launch BA and MBA programmes in 2070 BS. I would like to unveil a glorious fact that the institution had become a single institute throughout the nation which has been imparting quality education from pre-primary to post-graduate level in Tanahun District with more than 800 students and 35 teaching staffs.
Facilities offered to the students
- Scholarships to the needy and deserving students
- High quality education on reasonable and affordable fee structure
- Wide application of technology in teaching and learning activities
- Well-equipped science and computer labs
- Availability of well-manages kitchen for Hotel Management students
- Inspection and observation of students through CC camera
- Well-managed canteen for hygienic Tiffin and dishes
- Propitious teaching and learning environment by dedicated, self-motivated and well-experienced teaching staffs.
- Frequent provision of extra-curricular activities with much emphasis on sports.